Aislyn Chronicles: Date Night Part 1

April 12, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments


Werewolf by Teyoliia

"Thank you", I muttered softly, letting him lead me down the icy steps.

Johnathan was nice enough. He worked as a liason between the Mayor and Dinas, which meant our paths crossed fairly often, and he wasn't a stick-in-your-ass government type, which meant he was tolerable too. He had been pestering me for months to have dinner with him, but with my job and the ever increasing tensions between the Tribes, I kept finding reasons to get out of it.

But tonight, he surprised me with tickets to the ballet, and I simply couldn't say no. He had found my one weakness. When you worked a job as dark and soul wrenching as mine, sometimes you just needed a quiet evening surrounded by beauty. We saw Sleeping Beauty, and it was ethereal.

A black sheen covered the steps as we left the theater, and Johnathan offered his hand. Ever the gentleman. Evening gowns, heels, and ice never mixed well. He helped me descend the steps easily enough, a goofy smile plastered on his face as he watched me try to diligently traverse the stairs.

Blue fire erupted from the darkness across the street.

That was an eye-shine I knew all too well, and the sight of it chilled me. It belonged to the auburn haired pretty boy that the Canis Tribe called their Beta.

Reid.

"Excuse me for a moment," I smiled at Johnathan, motioning toward the shadows, "I think I see a friend over there who I haven't seen in ages. I'll just be a minute."

He gave me a strange look, but let go of my hand so I could cross the street alone.

I had expected a man when I approached, but oh no, not tonight. That was expecting too much of Reid. A sickle clawed, seven foot tall monstrosity was creeping in the shadows, his eyes pure ice.

Now, how to handle this like the eloquent and intelligent government agent I was?

"Did some little werewolf forget that we don't wear our fangs in public?"

Yes, that was great. A + Aislyn.

Reid let out a low growl, flashing his eyes at me again. I had hit a cord apparently.
___________________________

Words: 367
Characters: 1603

You Might Also Like

0 comments: