Aislyn Chronicles: Date Night Part 2

April 17, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments


Werewolf by Teyoliia
"Yes, yes yes", I tutted, acting as nonchalant as possible, "the big bad Beta is trying to intimidate an agent of Dinas while wearing his fur in public."

Reid's eyes seemed to blaze brighter in the darkness. Shapeshifters were notorious for keeping themselves under strict control, but they never could seem to keep their eyes from giving away their true emotions. Especially when they were angry.

"Can we turn down the headlights a bit", I asked, "My date might see."

Fur melted, leaving bare skin in its place, and where a monster had stood previously, a man now took his place. I made sure to keep my eyes locked with his. No need to look down and see something I didn't need to.

"Date?" The word spat from his mouth like venom. He clearly had a distaste for it. Odd though, since he'd never seemed to care much about my life outside of work before.

"Yes, date," I crossed my arms in front of my chest, taking a more defensive posture, "Johnathan has been trying for months to get me to go to dinner with him. He happened to have tickets to the ballet, and I happened to have a night free from vampires and demons."

Reid scoffed, his anger quite apparent at this point, "It's not even your favorite!"

"Excuse me?"

How in the hell did he know Sleeping Beauty wasn't my favorite? It's not like we've ever talked about it in-between trying to track down the undead and wayward shapeshifters.

"How can you eat dinner with a man who doesn't know that you don't eat meat?! He ordered you a steak for crying out loud! You'd rather eat your own arm than eat a steak!" Reid was raging, throwing his arms up, pacing naked back and forth. Good lord, the man was crazed.

And he had been following us.

Oh good God above, the Beta of the Canis tribe was trailing me. He was gathering information on my life, noting what I liked and disliked. If he was following me, he had probably been staking out my work and home as well. I began putting all the clues together.

He was breaking into my territory.

He had tried to feed me.

He had stolen something valuable of mine and returned it unharmed.

He was trying to claim me as his mate.

___________________________

Words: 394
Characters: 2137

You Might Also Like

0 comments: