Aislyn Chronicles: Reid Intro

April 06, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments


Werewolf by Teyoliia

I froze.

My eyes were locked onto the distinct shine hidden in the treeline, and a cold shudder ran through me. Slowly I stood up from the corpse I was examining, my hands in the air, and my breathe coming in ragged waves. There was only one thing in Wichita that had such a distinct greenish gold eyeshine, and it was 7 feet tall, grew fangs and sickle claws, and went by the name of homo lupus.

A Werewolf.

A loud growl reverberated through the dark parking lot, as massive furred feet met the pavement, moving with a terrifying determination. There was no use in running, and it knew that, taking slow methodical steps, its eyes shifting quickly from the woman's body, to me. I had received an anonymous tip that there was a shapeshifter in trouble, and since I was the only Dinas agent with any clout among the tribes, I was sent out to investigate. When I arrived though, I found only a dead woman, her body left out in the open for anyone to find.

The wolf moved closer, blue eyes made of pure fire, and a snarl that promised instant death on its muzzle. The pelt was pure black, which was odd, but not unheard of. But it was the claws I was mostly focused on now. Easily six inches long, and all too happy to splatter my organs on the pavement.

“I work for Dinas,” I stammered out, “I received a tip to help a shapeshifter in distress.” The monster was closer now, far too close, and I felt the air on my face as it snapped those massive jaws toward me.

“I'm only trying to understand what happened. I only want to help.” I began walking slowly backwards, my hands still in the air, my throat bared in an act of submission. I had helped the Tribes before, I had bled and cried for their dead, and this was my reward. Flayed alive by a werewolf on a rampage.

“Just ask Jade, the Alpha of the Felid Tribe, I've helped you before! I only want to help again...I only want to-” a barking snarl cut me off.

It stalked me, matching each of my steps with its own, until my back was pressed against the warm brick of one of the buildings bordering this lot. In two steps, it was towering over me. I closed my eyes, waiting for claws to begin tearing into my flesh.

Nothing happened.

A distinctly male voice broke the silence, “My name is Reid...and the Canis Tribe needs your help.”
___________________________

Words: 441
Characters: 2307

You Might Also Like

0 comments: